The Institute for Global Education hosts a variety of different programs. These include:
- Film screenings with discussions
- Education and Empowerment
- International Day of Peace
- Week of Peace Education with Grand Rapids schools
- Interfaith Service at Marywood
- Loving Day – an annual celebration held on June 12, the anniversary of the 1967 United States Supreme Court decision Loving v. Virginia which struck down all anti-miscegenation laws remaining in sixteen U.S. states. Wikipedia.
- Hiroshima Day – The United States detonated two nuclear weapons over the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki on August 6 and 9, 1945, respectively. The two bombings killed between 129,000 and 226,000 people, most of whom were civilians, and remain the only use of nuclear weapons in armed conflict. Wikipedia